Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Daily Fail

Yesterday, it was grey, and pissing rain in the morning. The kind of weather I love (it goes well with cable-knit sweaters). Dressed appropriately for the weather, I took Sprout to school, got to work and proceeded to work like a banshee for 11 hours. Letters drafted? Check. Doc review? Check. Querys from General-level staff? Answered. Client meetings all afternoon? Done. Worked through lunch? You betcha.

At the end of the day I put back on the clothes I had worn to work. As I left, I ran into a good friend and fellow attorney- he looked at me and burst out laughing "Do you know you look like you're in the third grade?!"

I looked down at my outfit: Purple rain jacket? Check. Pink Shirt? Check. Lovely green scarf hand-crocheted by a wonderful friend? Warm and snuggly. Workout pants? Of course. All of this lovingly tucked into bright orange and pink flowered galoshes? Oh yes.

Screw it- I promptly pulled my hair into two pigtails, gave him a bucktoothed grin, and left the office.

Maybe it is a good thing that I wear a uniform at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment